Jesus on a cross isn’t something you’ll likely see in traditional Amish homes. But you might see Easter eggs and bunnies.Read More
Author: Torah Bontrager
Blind obedience to authority can prevent you from thinking critically and making your own decisions. It can stifle creativity and independent thought, leading to a narrow worldview and a lack of self-confidence. This is why a rigorous education is so important.Read More
“Old Order” Amish is what the general public understands as simply “Amish” — or most often thinks of when they hear or see things about the Amish. This “Old Order” label is not used by us in our language, nor did we invent that label.Read More
As the 51st anniversary of the Wisconsin v. Yoder hearing approaches, check out this transcript of the keynote by Marci Hamilton, who breaks down the case for laypeople.Read More
Attorney William B. Ball talks about us Amish like we’re animals in a zoo. I’m a human, an actual child, but I’m addressed as if I’m merely property or a specimen to be tossed about with no rights and feelings.Read More
- Religious Faith Myths. How to Argue Against the “Pro-Choice Is Pro-Abortion” Lie.
- 3 Disappointing Comments Found in the Wisconsin v. Yoder Final Judgment
- Celebrating Easter and Good Friday as an Amish American Child: 2023 Edition
- Does Your Faith Tell You Your Parents Are Right No Matter What?
- Faith and Politics Should Never Mix. And Here’s Why.