COVID-19 has shown us that we’re all interconnected and that the actions of one community affects everyone else. The Amish aren’t self-sufficient and separated from the modern world: they go to the grocery store, sell things, interact with the non-Amish, and depend 100% on the outside world to survive.Read More
Author: V.B., Summer Intern
By granting the Amish special privileges on the basis of a falsified depiction of innocence and two-dimensionality, the US government mocks those aspects that are genuinely beautiful about Amish culture.Read More
A central message of the film is that wanting rights for practicing Amish women and girls is an attack on the faith, but taking away their rights is just religious freedom.Read More
This documentary gives more inner life and personality to horses than women. The quotes uphold a particular status quo that tells the outside world to think of the Amish as quaint “others”, rather than as fully formed, complex people and deserving of human and Constitutional rights.Read More
We’ve compiled a list of some of the best ways to learn more about the Amish today and the nuances of their lives.Read More
- Religious Faith Myths. How to Argue Against the “Pro-Choice Is Pro-Abortion” Lie.
- 3 Disappointing Comments Found in the Wisconsin v. Yoder Final Judgment
- Celebrating Easter and Good Friday as an Amish American Child: 2023 Edition
- Does Your Faith Tell You Your Parents Are Right No Matter What?
- Faith and Politics Should Never Mix. And Here’s Why.