Jesus on a cross isn’t something you’ll likely see in traditional Amish homes. But you might see Easter eggs and bunnies.Read More
Category: Amish Culture
Blind obedience to authority can prevent you from thinking critically and making your own decisions. It can stifle creativity and independent thought, leading to a narrow worldview and a lack of self-confidence. This is why a rigorous education is so important.Read More
A culture built on this foundation with unchanging beliefs for so long has created a society of isolation, oppression, and fear for Amish people, specifically for those who do not have as many rights within their community.Read More
Gilead, like most fundamentalist societies, requires a strict uniform for all citizens according to their societal role. Similar to the handmaid’s uniform, Amish women are required to wear long, often dark-colored, dresses with white caps to cover their hair.Read More
From clothing to music to modern medicine to the size of the Amish population, consider this your ultimate guide for accurate information about Amish stereotypes.Read More
- Religious Faith Myths. How to Argue Against the “Pro-Choice Is Pro-Abortion” Lie.
- 3 Disappointing Comments Found in the Wisconsin v. Yoder Final Judgment
- Celebrating Easter and Good Friday as an Amish American Child: 2023 Edition
- Does Your Faith Tell You Your Parents Are Right No Matter What?
- Faith and Politics Should Never Mix. And Here’s Why.