“Old Order” Amish is what the general public understands as simply “Amish” — or most often thinks of when they hear or see things about the Amish. This “Old Order” label is not used by us in our language, nor did we invent that label.Read More
Category: Amish Definitions
“Secular” has nothing to do with religion. You can be religious and secular at the same time.Read More
A practicing Amish woman suggested that it’s better for Amish children to be raped and molested than for them to know that they have the right under US law to be protected from such abuse.Read More
“Pennsylvania Dutch” is a label that arose out of ignorance centuries ago and persists today to define us Amish, thanks to colonialist academics.Read More
- Religious Faith Myths. How to Argue Against the “Pro-Choice Is Pro-Abortion” Lie.
- 3 Disappointing Comments Found in the Wisconsin v. Yoder Final Judgment
- Celebrating Easter and Good Friday as an Amish American Child: 2023 Edition
- Does Your Faith Tell You Your Parents Are Right No Matter What?
- Faith and Politics Should Never Mix. And Here’s Why.