As a practicing Amish girl, I had no resources to teach myself accurate knowledge about the ins and outs of menstruation, exactly how I could get pregnant, and the actual versus perceived dangers of running and playing softball during school at recess when I had my period.Read More
Category: Amish Resources
This is Tool #1 out of 5. When I began traditional therapy, I started working through my emotions and traumas intellectually, but it wasn’t until I stumbled upon physical tools that I could use daily and incorporate into my everyday life that I really began to see improvement.Read More
Parents/caregivers need to be held accountable for their actions and compensate their child victims for losses suffered.Read More
Felt unseen or unknown by a parent/caregiver as a child? Tend to feel apologetic as an adult for needing help? Those are signs of covert or emotional incest.Read More
It’s more common than not for Amish children, especially the oldest girl and boy, to be forced to be the second mother and second father. This is parentification, a form of child abuse.Read More
- Religious Faith Myths. How to Argue Against the “Pro-Choice Is Pro-Abortion” Lie.
- 3 Disappointing Comments Found in the Wisconsin v. Yoder Final Judgment
- Celebrating Easter and Good Friday as an Amish American Child: 2023 Edition
- Does Your Faith Tell You Your Parents Are Right No Matter What?
- Faith and Politics Should Never Mix. And Here’s Why.